Trading under the commercial name of Iberia Maintenance, the group’s MRO arm is one of the three business of Iberia Group: Airline, Maintenance and Airport handling.
Iberia Maintenance, as a part of the Iberia Group, shares substantial responsibility for lawful behabiour and fair competition in the markets.
Our near 100 years experiences and compromise ensures customers a high-quality MRO services that deliver real value for money and a flexible approach that keep customers fleet in the air for longer.
Iberia Group subscribe domestic and international initiatives to achieve sustainable and efficient growth.
Our commitment to customer focusses us on continually seeking excellence and the ongoing improvement of services to customers, always remaining in the leading-edge technology.
Our commitment to employee is based on following principles:
- Ensuring a safe and healthy working environment through continuous improvement in the prevention of occupational hazard and health of both our staff and contractors.
- Continuous searching for talent, both internally and externally, as it is one of the critical factors to ensure competitiveness of the company.
- Commitment to the goal of hiring the best proffesionals and that they can fully develop their career and training plans.
- Continuous training of all employees to ensure a high level of services and the highest safety standards.
Safety and Quality Policy
EASA Regulation part 145 requires the establishment of a quality and safety policy based on the report and action regarding maintenance events.
Real Decreto 995/2013 which develops the regulation of Spain Operational Safety Program for Civil Aviation, establishes that approved aircraft maintenance organizations that carry out commercial air transport activities have to implement an equivalent mechanism (EM) to the Safety Management System (SMS) in order to contribute to achieve the objectives of the Program.
The possible consequences on the safety in any phase of the service are high-priority and object of permanent attention. Only by providing the standard of quality and safety required by our customers, and through the continued effort in maintaining and improving this standard, Iberia Maintenance can continue to be considered as a Service Delivery Organization recognized in the Aeronautical Maintenance sector.
It is the commitment of the entire organization to support operational safety management by providing the corresponding resources that will generate an institutional culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety notification and communication, and actively manages operational safety with the same attention to results than attention to the results of other management systems of the organization
Safety and Quality standards are the responsibility of all personnel and it is the duty of all personnel to comply with this policy, to strive to both maintain and improve safety and quality standards at every opportunity, taking in consideration at all times the following factors:
- The safety in aircraft maintenance activities is above any other factor.
- Human Factors principles will be applied during the development of any procedure or the aircraft maintenance activities involved.
- Free and confidential report of possible maintenance events or potentially hazards for Safety is the key for the adequate implementation of Iberia Maintenance Safety policy. Additionally, Iberia Maintenance assures that the staff which reports or collaborates in the events investigation shall not be penalized by the fact of reporting or collaborating in the investigation.
- The obligation to comply with the procedures, regulations, and safety and quality standards by all personnel.
- The need for all the personnel to collaborate with Auditors and Quality Inspectors as well as with safety investigations
- Quality standards will not be reduced by commercial imperatives.
- The proper use of resources and to pay special attention to perform the correct maintenance at first time are fundamentals in aeronautical maintenance.
- All personnel must be trained in human factors, and there is a recurrent training program in this regard. The basic Quality and Safety requirements to achieve the demanded standard are laid down in this exposition
The mission of Iberia Maintenance is to provide to Iberia L.A.E. S.A. Operadora and other clients a service of quality, efficient and to their satisfaction in the maintenance of aircraft, engines and components, creating at the same time value for its shareholders as a business that must be developed in the international market of Aeronautical Maintenance Organizations.
Safety Management System
Safety is one of our core business functions. We are committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving strategies and processes to ensure that all our aviation activities take place under an appropriate allocation of organizational resources, aimed at achieving the highest level of safety performance and meeting regulatory requirements, while delivering our services.
All levels of management and all employees are accountable for the delivery of this highest level of safety performance, starting with the Chief Technical Officer. Our commitment is to:
- Support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources that will result in an organizational culture that fosters safe practices, encourages effective safety reporting and communication, and actively manages safety with the same attention to results as the attention to the results of the other management systems of the organization
- Ensure that the management of safety is a primary responsibility of all managers and employees
- Clearly define, for all staff, managers and employees alike, their accountabilities and responsibilities for the delivery of the organization’s safety performance and the performance of our safety management system
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management processes, including a hazard reporting system, in order to eliminate or mitigate the safety risks of the consequences of hazards resulting from our operations or activities, to achieve continuous improvement in our safety performance
- Ensure that no action will be taken against any employee who discloses a safety concern through the hazard reporting system, unless such disclosure indicates, beyond any reasonable doubt, gross negligence or a deliberate or wilful disregard of regulations or procedures
- Comply with and, wherever possible, exceed, legislative and regulatory requirements and standards; Ensure that sufficient skilled and trained human resources are available to implement safety strategies and processes
- Ensure that all staff are provided with adequate and appropriate aviation safety information and training, are competent in safety matters, and are allocated only tasks commensurate with their skills
- Establish and measure our safety performance against realistic safety performance indicators and safety performance targets
- Continually improve our safety performance through continuous monitoring and measurement, regular review and adjustment of safety objectives and targets, and diligent achievement of these
- Ensure that externally supplied systems and services to support our operations are delivered meeting our safety performance standards
Just culture commitment
Iberia Maintenance has the firm intention of establishing a policy of open and honest report, in which all staff, regardless of their status or experience, will be treated in a fair, consistent, objective and timely manner.
To achieve this objective, it is essential to comply with the safety requirements in all aspects of the activity of Iberia Maintenance.
To this end, safety events must be organized in a systematic and active way, balancing potentially conflicting requirements of safety and production.
- I intend to do this within a just culture that encourages the open and honest reporting of safety events.
- I recognize that making mistakes is part of the human condition, and that human factors play an important role in aviation and operational safety. I intend to implement a Safety Management System, considering for that the best practices and meeting the highest standards of regulation. I encourage everyone to actively contribute to improve safety and I assure that you are going to be commended for reporting your own mistakes committed honestly while doing your best.
- All personnel involved in aviation activities in Iberia Maintenance, regardless of their status or experience, will be treated in a fair, consistent, objective and timely manner. Moreover, all personnel involved in aviation activities have a responsibility to actively participate in the Safety Management Systems reporting events and identified hazards in order to learn and improve.
- Under this just culture, Iberia Maintenance will follow a defined and consistent methodology for managing errors. Those responsible for applying this methodology will be persons independent of the organization or the chain of command of the organization. It is not a “guilty” or “not guilty” culture. All incidents will be investigated by trained personnel and authorized by me and, when incidents are reported timely and openly, presumption of innocence will be the norm and the expectation of a disciplinary action will be the exception. If any disciplinary or administrative action is required, it will not be done without proper investigation and without a full review of the conclusions of that investigation.
- However, the following behaviors will be punishable:
- Premeditate or intentional acts that cause damage to equipment or property.
- Gross negligence, that is, when there has been a manifest, important and serious omission of the due diligence in the presence of an obvious risk, and a grave professional misconduct on providing required diligence in those circumstances, leading to foreseeable damages to persons or property or to compromise seriously the level of aviation safety.
- Not to report incidents as required by this policy.
- Just Culture and event reporting system will enable Iberia Maintenance efficiently meet operational requirements, while ensuring the highest feasible standards of safety. This system will help to reduce errors while acknowledging that people make mistakes and just culture will enable accomplish this objective.
Safety for all our people
All Iberia Maintenance personnel, wherever they work and whatever their role, must be aware that they have a role and the responsibility to participate actively to achieve the highest standards of safety